Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Logo Design Project

     During my logo design process, I started experimenting a lot with combining and molding letters together.  I also really got into putting letters into a diagonal pattern.  Out of all of these types of logos, this was by far my favorite.  I really liked the font and the way the letters fit together.  I worked with this logo until i found something that looked the most appealing and flowed the best.  I think my Z combined greatly with the center of my A, and the end of my A fit greatly with the edge of the G.

     For my name logo, I was going for a very creative and original look.  Like I said earlier, I really enjoyed experimenting with combing and molding my letters in different ways.  I decided to extend the length of the end of my Z and let the A and C rest on it.  I also noticed that the middle of the H would fit very well with the end of my Z and make for a more creative look.


     My symbol logo took me a little longer to think up and design.  At first, it took me a while to come up with a design I really liked, but with some suggestions and design research I was able to come up with the lightning bolt idea.  I figured that I could make a lightning bolt that contained the letter Z by manipulating the shape and angles of a few lines.  I put a cloud above the bolt to give it the full affect.  I ran into some trouble during the process of designing this logo but I'm happy with the outcome.

8 comments:

  1. I really like the lightening bolt idea but I think that you should exaggerate the 'z' more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are all really creative! I like the second one where you connected the Z and H. I also like the lightning bolt logo, and agree that accenting or exaggerating the Z would make it look even better. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your logos are good and i really like the lightning bolt one the best, the other two are also very good, i think the only one you really need to add color to is the lightning one, these are all good logos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Zach great job on all three logos! I really like your third logo as the lightning bolt really makes the Z stand out. The first logo is very creative as you used the bottom of the Z to make the line through the A. The only thing you should improve is the line in the second logo that goes across the H. I think you should make it consistently thick through the whole logo. overall good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like all of these logos especially your idea with the lightning bolt. There is only one thing i would think about changing, maybe if you made the "n" in zng a bit clearer it would make it nicer. the n almost looks like an A. Just make it clearer and it will be good

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like yours! The first one is my favorite and also the last one is awesome. Although the lighting bolt one would be a lot better if the bolt was yellow and you had another cloud. Thats just my opinion though, and other than that great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that all of your logos look fantastic and I believe you put a lot of time and effort into each of them. You made a lot of cool designs by using the "Z", my only criticism is that maybe you utilize the other letters as a starting point for some creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post, Company Logo Design is a pictorial representation and it should be designed well and thoughtfully. Thanks

    ReplyDelete