Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Fantasy Scene Tutorial



Photoshop Fantasy Scene Tutorial

For my second tutorial based project in my graphic design class I decided to make a futuristic fantasy scene.  To do this I used the "Create Spectacular Concept Art in Photoshop" tutorial.  This tutorial can be found at psd.tutsplus.com.  This tutorial gives instructions on how to make a futuristic looking city by adding stars and planets to the image.  I got an image of a stock grass landscape and a cityscape from google.  I combined these two images well and made use of the burn tool to blend the images as well as make a shadowy, dark look. I then used planet brushes downloaded from deviantart.com to add planets to the sky. I utilized different lighting, color, gradient, blur and curve effects in this tutorial as well.  The maker of the tutorial told that it was up to me to experiment with many of these effects to find one that fits my project perfectly.  I also experimented with many different layers and opacities and used the sharpen tool to sharpen my image and finish the tutorial off.
          I think this was a great and very helpful tutorial.  It was descriptive and its use of pictures helped me out.  The only problems I ran into were experimenting with the effects until i found something I liked.  This was fairly challenging but overall I think I did a great job with this tutorial!

links to images: Grass LandscapeCityscape

No comments:

Post a Comment